Introduction to SQL
This Instructor led class introduces the Structured Query Language (SQL)
Duration: Two day, Instructor led in-house class or Virtual Class led by instructor.
Audience: This course is primarily directed toward new users of SQL basic coding.
Prerequisites: Basic computer concepts. Some experience with WinSQL, or AQT or Crystal or Data Studio is helpful.
Workshops: Hands on Labs will be used to run class problems coded by the students.
Course Objectives: After successful completion of this course, the student will be able to write, run and evalute basic SQL statements.
Introduction to SQL - Structured Query Language
Building and Using Tables:
- RDBMS concepts
- Overview Data Modeling
- Overview of Database Structure
- Basic structure of Tables
- Rows and Columns in a Table
- Columns Data Types and Lengths
- Working with Data Definition Language
- How to CREATE a Table
- Syntax of the CREATE statement
- What are Indexes?
- Row Data and Indexes
- Primary Keys and Uniqueness
- Rows, Columns and SQL
- How they work in a SELECT statement
- Examples of SELECT statements
- - Labs for CREATE of Tables
- How to get data into your table
- INSERT command structure
- Examples of INSERT commands
- - Labs for INSERTing data
- A VIEW and its uses
- - Labs for CREATE a VIEW
- Finding names of tables in your system
- Review Questions
- Lab Exercises Review
SQL (Structured Query Language):
- Basic data structures
- Overview on object relationship: Database, table space, table, indexes
- Basic introduction to SELECT
- SELECT Syntax and structure
- - Labs for SELECT syntax
- Coding predicates in a SELECT
- Limiting rows in your result set
- WHERE Clause - Predicate types
- - Labs for WHERE Clause
- Basic Joining tehniques
- How we use multiple tables in a SELECT
- Joining data from one or more tables
- Naming your tables and columns
- - Labs for JOINs
- Coding Simple sub-SELECTs
- - Labs for sub-SELECTs
- Coding UNION statements
- - Labs for UNION statements
- UPDATE, DELETE statements coding
- - Labs for changing data
- EXPLAIN overview
- Coding for performance and why
- The Optimizer and path choices for SQL
- Techniques to tune SQL
- - Labs to rewrite SQL for performance
- Lab Reviews
- ©2021 Computer Business International, Inc.
Would you like to schedule or customize this class?
Please call our toll free number (866-224-4968) or email us at email@example.com.